Volunteers are a vital part of Windridge. Throughout the week adults and teen volunteers aid in the success of the East Texas community that Windridge serves.
Interested in volunteer opportunities??? Windridge has many ways for you to donate your time and talent. Volunteers do not need experience around horses or children and adults with disabilities. Volunteer skills are taught by Windridge’s instructors. This training helps the volunteer to gain the knowledge and skills that will benefit a program participant, other volunteers, instructors, and horses.
- Groom and tack horses, prior to the lesson.
- Lead a horse in a participant’s class time.
- Sidewalk along side of a participant, providing support as needed.
- Barn duties, assist in keeping stalls, feed, and water buckets clean.
- Clean and oil saddles, bridles, and other equipment used for lessons.
- Facility upkeep, such as mowing, weed eating, and pasture maintenance.
Adults and teens who wish to give back to their community through their volunteer efforts should contact Windridge, at 903-797-2414.